Read the modules in Unit 6
Review the practice MC questions and FRQs
Notebook Assignment for Unit 6
Quizlet for Unit 6
ASSIGNMENT FOR THURSDAY, 11/9
a.) Read the supplemental reading on Classical Conditioning from the Robert Sternberg text "In Search of the Human Mind."
Click here for the supplemental reading
b.) Complete the following questions in your notebook for the unit:
- Pg. 234. Robert Rescorla's 1967 experiment demonstrated the importance of contingency rather than just temporal contiguity. Define those two terms and explain the importance of this finding.
- Pg. 235. Define the following terms: negative acceleration, asymptote, acquisition
- Pg. 236. Define the following terms: extinction, spontaneous recovery, savings
- Pg. 237. Define the following terms: higher order conditioning, stimulus generalization and stimulus discrimination
- Pg. 237-238. What does the Garcia and Koelling (1966) experiment about pairings show about classical conditioning?
- Pg. 239. What is the Garcia Effect? Provide an example.
- Pg. 239-240. Describe the Pavlov's experiment demonstrating Experimental Neurosis.
- Pg. 240. What is Counterconditioning and how does it work with treating addiction?
- Classical Conditioning
- Operant Conditioning