California Scholarship Federation
LA JOLLA HIGH SCHOOL, Chapter 184
CSF applications for the Fall, 2023 - linked here
No Late Applications will be accepted as per CSF State and Chapter By-laws
Click here for the application link. Applications are due September 29, 2023
You will need to upload a copy of your Spring 2023 report card or PowerSchool screenshot with Citizenship included. Please see the application for more details.
- Applications are available at the start of each semester.
- Important Information: Membership in CSF is based on the grade that you earned in any qualifying course from List I, II, or III found on the application form.
- Grades calculate into points required for membership.
- Active members will be required to fulfill volunteer hours both at the LJHS Tutor center and with outside entities.
- Meeting information:
- Will be announced via the email you submit with your application.
SIGN UP FOR VIKING TUTORING (Coming soon!!!)
Forms: (Coming soon!!!)
Volunteer Verification Form
Copy of the CSF Contract
The California Scholarship Federation, Inc. is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to recognize and encourage academic achievement and community service among middle and high school students in California. There are approximately 1500 chapters in middle school and high schools throughout the state, and each chapter is comprised of students members who meet eligibility requirements. Each chapter is led by a staff adviser.
Eligible students become members by submitting applications based on their report card grades. Membership is for one semester, and membership drives are held each semester within established periods dictated by the State bylaws. (taken from the CSF Website)
California Scholastic Federation By-Laws Info:
- Do not allow us to make membership retroactive.
- Do not allow a student to miss deadlines, based on absence, forgetfulness, not-knowing etc. School Bulletins, PTA Newsletters, are all vehicles for disseminating information. Bulletins are also available on the LJHS website.
- A student is eligible to become a member after a student completes his/her first semester as a sophomore, and is encouraged to apply at that time.
- To be a CSF Lifetime member, a student must be an ACTIVE member in CSF for 4 semesters, one of which MUST be the first semester of his/her senior year. It may not be possible to calculate grades, applications, and service hours by the time a student graduates if the student is counting on the second semester.
ACTIVE VS. INACTIVE MEMBERSHIP
- ACTIVE members must complete 8 hours of volunteer service each semester. These hours must be through approved activities. More information will be discussed at CSF meetings.
- ACTIVE members will also be eligible to receive additional awards determined at the local level.
- INACTIVE members must complete 4 hours of volunteer service each semester.
California Scholastic Federation Website: https://csf-cjsf.org